Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCB FastCat

Pirogue Pirate

Default LCB FastCat

Here's my boat! 2006 Lanier Custom Boat FastCat 20'3" w/ Yamaha 300 HPDI.

DSC_0729.jpgDSC_0730.jpgDSC_0731.jpgDSC_0732.jpgDSC_0733.jpgDSC_0734.jpgDSC_0735.jpgIMG_0838.jpg

Lately I did some fiberglass work to repair some cosmetic flaws left from the previous dumb ass, got a new Mercury Bravo I XS 26p to replace my Bravo I 26p to now use as a spare. Now I'm loading it with fishing gear. 2 10" subs, 4 7.7 components, 2 amps, 3 Lowrance units and a sonichub to control the radio from the Lowrance units, Optima batteries, Dual Pro 4 bank charger with easy access port, Yamaha engine trim remote at bow, Minn Kota I-Pilot 101 lb thrust on quick release mount & two Power Pole anchors.

To offset the top speed loss of the weight gained from all this gear I'm now looking into a 32p Hydro Motive Intimidator 4 prop, add a set back plate to be at 16" total, send my lower unit to Hydro Tec and have them modify it for better performance and hydrodynamics, order high performance parts for engine (where I need help).
    Can anyone offer advice on what is not necessary or may damage my engine? Because I'm all in on this boat and balls to the wall. http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/Yamaha%20High%20Perf.htm
    Honestly I'm in this boat mainly for fishing. But I have the trolling motor on a release bracket so I can remove it easily and can remove 3 batteries if I want to just play and haul ass.

Default Re: LCB FastCat

i am jealous... i have wanted an lcb for quite some time!! if you havent already, check out screamandfly.com for your go fast needs
    1986 Paramount CC- under FULL restoration
    1997 Hewes Bayfisher
    1986 Formula F3LS "Heck-man, Y Knot" - SOLD
    1982 Laser 380- SOLD

Pirogue Pirate

Yeah I guess you know scawdthedog. I've talked to him and he's given me the pointers I've mentioned.

Administrator

That's a cool boat for sure, don't see many of them around here.

Motorboatin SOB

Cool ride. I don't know of many if any of them around here. Welcome!
    1984 Baja 184SS '88 175 Mariner
    1997 Triad V-21 Malibu 225 Mercury

Motorboatin SOB

good looking boat! what speeds are you getting out of it light and right and loaded down? thanks

Pirogue Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak Attack View Post
    good looking boat! what speeds are you getting out of it light and right and loaded down? thanks
    Well I've since learned to use the jack plate better since my last run. But from my last time before knowing what psi to look for, I got it to 73 mph @5700 rpm running around 15-20 psi. I've been told to run at 10-12 psi. It was only me, 1 battery, no gear and a full tank. That was using the Bravo I 26p. I since bought a Bravo I XS 26p prop. I'm having work done to the lower unit as soon as I get it off.

Pirogue Pirate

What type of work are you doing to the lower unit.

Pirogue Pirate

http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/Hydro%...case%20Mod.htm
    They reshaped it a little, plugged the top water inlets and added lower ones. They found that I had a leak and the oil was milky, so they repaired that as well.

Pirogue Pirate

Cool deal, let me know if you see any improvements.

Motorboatin SOB

David,

Pretty sure you were in Ponchartrain when we came out of South Pass Saturday morning. Idled by while I was waiting on a buddy to catch up. Would have introduced myself but wasn't sure it if was you and I always feel like a douche saying hey, I think we know each other from the internet. Anyway, boat looked great!

Justified Expense
    2004 Baja 29 Outlaw
    Twin 496 Mags

Pirogue Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by jmeng View Post
    David,

Pretty sure you were in Ponchartrain when we came out of South Pass Saturday morning. Idled by while I was waiting on a buddy to catch up. Would have introduced myself but wasn't sure it if was you and I always feel like a douche saying hey, I think we know each other from the internet. Anyway, boat looked great!
    No that wasn't me haha. Good thing you didn't then. Wish I was there though

Pirogue Pirate

That probably was me Reddogvick, I have a solid white LCB with 300 Yamaha. I was sitting at mouth of South Pass Saturday watching the boats, then ran to Madisonville. Got a little rough on the way back.

Motorboatin SOB

Ah, didn't realize we had two white LCB's with 300 Yamaha's around here. Yeah, the wind picked up in the afternoon. Was worried it was giong to be really rough but it wasn't too bad. Tucked the tabs a little and cruised nice and comfy at about 45.

Justified Expense
    2004 Baja 29 Outlaw
    Twin 496 Mags

Pirogue Pirate

I think David's is light yellow from the pictures. We are out most warm weekends, stop and say hello if you see me. Name is Trent from Prairieville.