Thread: 2012 Fireworks on the Water

Pirogue Pirate

Default 2012 Fireworks on the Water

Whats the story on fireworks this year. Watched the show at Prop Stop last year and had a great time. Who is doing them this year??? Fred's cancelled their show last year.....are they gonna have one this year. Looked around on the net and could not find anything.

Hammerdown driver!!! boatrider82's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Fireworks on the Water

Last I can recall freds hasnt did it the last few years, but since Fred died there has been a few changes guess we will see

Pirogue Pirate

Any new info on fireworks?

Air Boat Billy Goat

Pretty sure I saw on bookface that prop stop is doing them tonight.

Mud Boatin MawMaw

Yep, last night was the night. Could not make it. Wife was going to the airport today on I-55 and said Sun Buns was dead. This was about 3pm. Guess everybody went yesterday. Which reminds me. A question for everybody.

1) Have you noticed a decrease in overall boat traffic over the last couple of years? If yes why do you think?

2) Which is the busiest day on the Rivers. Saturday or Sunday.

Just seems that it use to be that on Sunday there were far more boats than on Saturday. Has this changed?.

Thanks, and hope to make it this coming weekend.

Motorboatin SOB

it's been a slow decrease for quite a few years... on the tickfaw side for sure. Even when the economy was good, i was shocked at the decreasing in boating going on... not sure why. to be honest, there really hasn't been any change in places to socialize while boating...at least over here. Tin Lizzy's, prop stop, sun buns. We do have Boopalous now but the docking leaves a little bit to be desired, like the place tho. Prop stop needs a new dock, always has and now the interior needs a lot of work IMO. Sun buns is a nice place, Damon has done some remodeling and added AC. Of course it's hard to justify opening a business or even upgrading an older one when the boat traffic has fallen off LOL. I wonder why the " http://oasislouisiana.com/ " has never started development???? anybody know anything about it??? I would never say that the price of gas has a lot effects boating because most of the boating around here is very localized so you really don't burn THAT much by coming out and skiing, tubing our just going to the sand bar.

Sunday to me has always seemed to be the busiest. not sure why...but it has. I use to go to Tin Lizzy's and close it down then head right on over to Frogs Breath on sunday (miss that place)...was hard to make it to class at SLU on Monday LOL.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by riverpines View Post
    I wonder why the " http://oasislouisiana.com/ " has never started development???? anybody know anything about it???
    Wow, never heard about this. Where exactly is this at on the Tickfaw?

Mud Boatin MawMaw

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBound View Post
    Wow, never heard about this. Where exactly is this at on the Tickfaw?
    Rignt next door to Make Em Wet Marina just past the Hwy. 22 bridge in Killian.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Fever View Post
    Rignt next door to Make Em Wet Marina just past the Hwy. 22 bridge in Killian.
    I just pulled up the larger map, looks like its right next to our old camp on Henry Rd. Anyone know how much they are going for?

Motorboatin SOB

no idea how much but I'm sure it pricey due to what they have in mined there. A welcome development IMO... a REAL MARINA!!!!

Air Boat Billy Goat

They have been talking about this for almost 10 years. I will believe it when I see it. 300k for 1,100 sq foot. I think not.

708 s.f. starting at $265K
    1108 s.f. starting at $295K
    1540 s.f. starting at $350K
    2160 s.f. starting at $395K
    2200-5800 s.f. prices TBD

Quote Originally Posted by riverpines View Post
    it's been a slow decrease for quite a few years... on the tickfaw side for sure. Even when the economy was good, i was shocked at the decreasing in boating going on... not sure why. to be honest, there really hasn't been any change in places to socialize while boating...at least over here. Tin Lizzy's, prop stop, sun buns. We do have Boopalous now but the docking leaves a little bit to be desired, like the place tho. Prop stop needs a new dock, always has and now the interior needs a lot of work IMO. Sun buns is a nice place, Damon has done some remodeling and added AC. Of course it's hard to justify opening a business or even upgrading an older one when the boat traffic has fallen off LOL. I wonder why the " http://oasislouisiana.com/ " has never started development???? anybody know anything about it??? I would never say that the price of gas has a lot effects boating because most of the boating around here is very localized so you really don't burn THAT much by coming out and skiing, tubing our just going to the sand bar.

Sunday to me has always seemed to be the busiest. not sure why...but it has. I use to go to Tin Lizzy's and close it down then head right on over to Frogs Breath on sunday (miss that place)...was hard to make it to class at SLU on Monday LOL.
    Running from yesterday, looking for tomorrow and today just passed me by.

its by make em wet. they are still plaing on doing it. with the fall in the econemy they suspened development for now. just look a bruse's harbor nice place but nothing happing.
    37' Atlantic trawler 2 turbo detroits
    31' cigarette bullet twin 540s
    22' lobel cc 115 yamaha
    16' 20hp go devil

Motorboatin SOB

this was in the works during the last boom..why they haven't done anything is beyond me...the prime lots have been "sold" for a while web site says 45% sold now.

Casey you should buy 10 and develop them ...could get that new 39 unlimited then!!!

It's crossed my mind! But someone has to pay the note untill the next boom. That could be a while
    37' Atlantic trawler 2 turbo detroits
    31' cigarette bullet twin 540s
    22' lobel cc 115 yamaha
    16' 20hp go devil

Motorboatin SOB

yep especially with all the BS that has come down the pipes the last few years